1. The lightest holiday travel days will be Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. If you can plan your travels for these days, you can avoid larger crowds and longer lines. The heaviest winter holiday travel day is Friday, December 19th. Avoid flying on this day if at all possible.
2. Ship those gifts ahead of time. If you plan on traveling with gifts, you will want to wait until you land before wrapping them. Wrapped gifts may be opened and inspected by TSA.
3. Don’t waste time driving in circles, hunting for parking at the airport. Park’N Ticket Airport Parking has plenty of parking and provides FREE online reservations. Book your space now.
4. Reserve a spot for your pet at Airport Park’N Bark, just 2 blocks away. Park’N Bark will give you a coupon to park with us for just $5 a day, while your pet is being boarded.
5. Sign up for Trak-a-Flight, a free service from the Atlanta Airport that delivers updated flight information to email accounts, PDAs or mobile devices.
6. Check TSA line wait times online at www.atlanta-airport.com, or sign up for Trak-a-Line to have real-time checkpoint wait times sent to email accounts or mobile devices.
7. The Atlanta Airport suggests you arrive 90 minutes before domestic flights and 2 hours before international flights.
8. When you arrive to our entrance gate, check the sign for the FAST LANE. It will direct you to the lane where our shuttles are picking up. This will get you boarded and to the airport quickly.
9. Leave your keys with your shuttle driver and come home to a detailed car.
10. Before you leave our shuttle, double check that you have your keys and your phone. These are the 2 most commonly left behind items.
11. Don’t forget to use those frequent parker points you have collected all year! Register your card and simply tell your cashier you would like to pay with your points. You receive 1 day free of uncovered parking for every 66 points.